11.19.2012

these thoughts.

A few scattered thoughts from my room:


- So excited to be an aunt. Y'all do realize this baby is due in one month, right? ONE MONTH. I can't even tell you how thrilled I am to hold that lil' adorable well-dressed bundle of joy and know she's my niece. My sister and her husband are going to be such fantastic parents and I'm so happy for this little girl. Also, side note to Katrina: naming her Anne would be more than acceptable. 

- Speaking of that baby girl, baby shower! And if I do say so myself it was the best baby shower ever. Anything that involves the Lewis family and food is bound to be excellent, and when you combine that with my mom's decorating skills, we've got a winning recipe. Seriously, adorbs. Yes, I just abbreviated, I apologize for that.

- Coming home is so nice. Especially when it's after a week that made you just want to drop out of school forever. 

- Went and saw White Christmas at my high school Saturday night. It was excellent, of course, as is all things done by good ol' Lone Peak. I can also say I'm so extremely thrilled to be in college and out of high school. Not because I didn't love it, but because BYU is where I'm supposed to be right now. 

- Seeing people perform made me miss it, but then I thought about how I get to do just that in a couple weeks! Christmas Around the World, people. If you don't know what this is, find out. And then come. Because I promise you it will be worth it. The world dance program at BYU is actually the biggest one in the United States, did you know that? And I can't even begin to tell you how cool folk dance is. Other forms of dance are awesome, too, but there is something really meaningful about doing cultural dances from around the world. 

- I made pancakes yesterday. And usually my mom refuses to put chocolate chips in any of them, but yesterday I realized I'm living on my own and can live the thug life if I want, so I put some in. Best decision ever. Sorry, mom (if it helps, they still weren't as delicious as yours).

- Church is true. Yesterday was full of some really great experiences with sacrament meeting, listening to promptings from the spirit, seeing a dear friend open her mission call, and watching a great address by Elder Holland (long, but worth it). What a comfort to know I'm part of Christ's church on the Earth today.

- Sixlets candies are my favorite. If ever you felt inclined to get me some, I wouldn't protest.

- My roommates and I made a thankful tree, and it's so full of thankful leaves. How cool it is to see what everyone chooses to write, and how thankful we all are. It's an excellent reminder to look for the good in the world.

- Sometimes german chocolate crunch ice cream is the absolute best, and sometimes you just have to eat it for breakfast, you know?

- Thank goodness that breaks like this next one come at the perfect time. I'm doing fine with the school load, but emotionally am really in need of some time away from P-town, if you know what I mean. Huzzah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.