Sometimes, I realize that since I've gotten to college, I've become dumber.
I mean, I'd still consider myself a smart, educated person, overall.
But then I go to write a paper and I write a piece-of-crap kind of paper because I know (for the right classes) I'll still get an A. And back when I was writing papers for Birrell and Woolsey, I knew that would never fly. And I wanted to impress them with my papers, so I would work hard to write good ones.
Also, perhaps I'm just a better spontaneous writer. As in, I can write killer FRQs and DBQs, but when it comes to writing a long paper that I've been assigned for weeks, I hate it. Because I don't like editing and reviewing and changing things. I'll just keep it at that first draft.
And this is seriously the most boring blog post ever, I don't know why I thought you'd be interested in this. But, it's just something I've observed.
So thank you, Birrell and Woolsey, for teaching me how to write. But it seems without you, I'm awful.
I just really need to get out of GE classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.