The winner for the dress poll was the sparkly black one. Pretty retro, eh? Even better was my awesome date, Mooney.
"act like you're laughing in a magazine!"
dance group of high school
Alright, so then there was Prom, which was pretty rockin' with Breton. I loved my dress, and my hair was perfect, thanks to this talented lady.
the date and the dad: awesome, just how i like them
the date and the dad: awesome, just how i like them
And on to graduation!
We all got ready, and I may have stolen a poster from the school hallway to hang in my house. But I made it, so I don't feel bad.
We went to Yamato's for an early dinner, and I opened a few presents.




So because it was nearly impossible to find anyone outside the Marriott Center, Alyssa, Whitney and I got all dressed up again for a couple pictures the next day.
So when alyssa and I tried to think of some "thing" we have, the obvious answer was Harry Potter.
We all got ready, and I may have stolen a poster from the school hallway to hang in my house. But I made it, so I don't feel bad.
We went to Yamato's for an early dinner, and I opened a few presents.
candid and chronological.
Then we sauntered on over to the Marriott Center for the actual graduation.


I got to sit on the stand because of student council, which was totally awesome. Me and the top 30 scholars baby! Though... not apart of them. Which I'm cool with.
So then some people talked. And sang. And played their instruments. And talked some more (everything actually went surprisingly fast, considering how big my class was). And then I walked! Woot. Only apparently I walked too fast, because there are definitely more pictures on our camera of my ward friends and cousins walking than there are of me. Ha. Actually, now that I think back to it, I can't even remember the actual calling of my name and hand shaking and diploma receiving, much.
After the ceremony, I couldn't find my family for a good 15 or 20 minutes. But when I finally did, here's what I looked like:
I love this picture because it perfectly describes how I felt. This huge bouquet of flowers in my face (which I loved, they were from my yard), and a giant smile. I was so relieved to finally have it over. I loved high school, I loved the graduation ceremony. But I was just excited! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing for the longest time. Which ended up being pretty darn long, because I had the all-night party. But more of that later. Here's some other lovely pictures captured.

appreciate how lost i look
and how awkward
I got to sit on the stand because of student council, which was totally awesome. Me and the top 30 scholars baby! Though... not apart of them. Which I'm cool with.
So then some people talked. And sang. And played their instruments. And talked some more (everything actually went surprisingly fast, considering how big my class was). And then I walked! Woot. Only apparently I walked too fast, because there are definitely more pictures on our camera of my ward friends and cousins walking than there are of me. Ha. Actually, now that I think back to it, I can't even remember the actual calling of my name and hand shaking and diploma receiving, much.
After the ceremony, I couldn't find my family for a good 15 or 20 minutes. But when I finally did, here's what I looked like:
I love this picture because it perfectly describes how I felt. This huge bouquet of flowers in my face (which I loved, they were from my yard), and a giant smile. I was so relieved to finally have it over. I loved high school, I loved the graduation ceremony. But I was just excited! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing for the longest time. Which ended up being pretty darn long, because I had the all-night party. But more of that later. Here's some other lovely pictures captured.
the best cousin and friend, daniel
the siblings
me and the g-man
me and teo (this one was taken before the ceremony)
me and nat
the extended fam
the three graduates from the lewis side: me, mckay, and katie
favorite teacher, miss. ure... or heather...
i don't really know what to call her now
me and the parents, who i love
close family
this is us
traditional awkward photo with me and kendra
hot and dangerous
we tried this the other way first, but it didn't really work out
So because it was nearly impossible to find anyone outside the Marriott Center, Alyssa, Whitney and I got all dressed up again for a couple pictures the next day.
whitney and i have this thing where we try to look gangster...
she's really good at it. me, not so much.
So when alyssa and I tried to think of some "thing" we have, the obvious answer was Harry Potter.
only we couldn't quite synchronize our jumps
So that's that! Graduation was a success. And the all-night party. Which, unfortunately, I have minimal pictures of. Ah, well. I didn't sleep once and me and Mel never showed signs of exhaustion.
I'm just glad to be moving out! In a week... even though the beginning of this post says two. Obviously, I take a while to finish posts sometimes.


Wow. That was an interesting feeling to look back on all that. I don't want you to move out and leave me.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore your prom dress, secretly I've been dreaming of that dress for a while now :)
ReplyDeleteAnd...I was on AF's student council so chances our we probably crossed paths at one time or another!
You are great. Congrats.
Love,
Sarah jo
This is the best post ever. I love your pictures with Alyssa. They're the best. Also the one of the siblings-squatting. WHY? And you're just beautiful and all grown up. It makes me want to cry. Just like the baby is upstairs. He cries all the time. Like me, thinking about you moving out. STAY AT HOME!
ReplyDelete