2.22.2011

there is a thing.

Called Personal Progress.

We won't really get into my feelings about it too much, because that would be a super long post that would confuse you, as well as me. My feelings are complicated. So I shall say nothing.

But I want you to know I am so close to finishing. So close.

And my mother finally cracked down a week and a half ago and said, "Listen. You're grounded from the internet for anything other than homework until you finish your Personal Progress." Good of her, really, because she's trying to cure my internet addiction that I have now acknowledged, and she knows I need discipline.

So. I haven't been on in a week and a half.

But wait! Here I am! Oh yes, my friends. I have finished all that is required of me. The punishment has been lifted. I have every experience done, and now I must:

a) Finish the Book of Mormon (3rd Nephi! So close!)
b) Do one 10-hr project

Okay and this project is sweeeeet, if I do say so myself. I was planning on doing this anyway before I went to college, so now I'm killing two birds with one stone (which is a really unfortunate saying) and using it as a PP project. So a PPP.

My scripture set? The quad? The one that I have had since my baptism on August 4th, 2001? Yes, well I love them. A whole lot. And I take them to Seminary every B day, and bring them back home again. Most people leave them there until the weekend and then take them home for church, but I want them home every night. Why? Because then I'm using the same copy for my personal reading, and for seminary, so all my notes are in one place! Brilliant, eh? But it's been 9 1/2 years, you know? So they're pretty worn. Which is good. I once heard a quote, something to the effect of "The more your scriptures are falling apart, the more put together you life is." (Trina, help me on this?) I would tell myself this every time I stared at the pathetic binding and worn edges and torn pages as an attempt to comfort myself. Or every time something like the following would happen.

One time, a bishopric member saw me holding them at church and he was like, "Anna! What happened to these?!" And I awkwardly tried to summon the previously stated quote and kinda failed. He asked me what I had been doing with them, to which I replied "Reading." and then he laughed and said "It looks like you've tied them to the back of a car and dragged them through the streets. You're supposed to care for these! I don't think Heavenly Father would be pleased." And then he proceeded to show them to the other young women standing around, and passed them to another bishopric member, saying, "Look at these!"

My scriptures were the laughing stalk of the ward.

So I said to myself, "Anna, you should get a new set. And care for them better this time, but still use them well!"

Only Anna replied, "But self, what about all the notes and hand-outs and glue-ins and highlights? You don't want to lose those!"

So the plan was devised.

I would get a new set and transfer all my notes! With better handwriting! And pretty colors! And durable glue! You know you like it.

Oh, yes.


I mentioned my idea to my parents, and they were in favor. But we didn't hash out details too much. Image my elation when one night I returned home late, and upon entering my room found a beautiful set of new scriptures sitting on my bed! Ah, the joy. You may think I am a total nerd, and really that's okay. I love new books. And I can just imagine all the fun adventures me and this new set will have! Can you see it??

And we're definitely working this into Choice & Accountability.

That's my story.

I feel like much has happened in the blogging world since I've been on here. One my best friends got a blog! Finally. She now sinks into the addiction that is blogging with us all! Muah haha.

Go read it! It talks of lumberjacks! And Bear Grylls! And cookies! And if you're like me, you really can't resist the combination of those three.

OH hey. I went to sweethearts. I can sum up the entire day in this line: "Pookie bear. Dearest.... pookie bear." Thank you to my fabulous date, Mr. Scott B, also known as Dr. Cave. *insert awkward moment here*

More to come about some things that have happened to me and lessons I've learned? Perhaps.

Hold onto those thestrals, kids. It's comin'.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so once upon a time I'm still getting used to this blog thing and I did not know that once you changed your blog website that new posts would no longer appear on my Dashboard until I entered the new one in. Therefore I thought your last post was like a month ago (and it has surprised me on occasion that you have not blogged). But alas I figured it out and can more effectively stalk you. :)

    Question: Does my Dashboard let me know when someone posts a comment or replies to a comment?

    Oh and thanks for mentioning me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.