1.04.2011

votes, please?

Preference is in 3 weeks. I am excited, because I'm going with this pretty freakin awesome guy I like to refer to as "Mooney" (uh, yes... as in Harry Potter. THAT is how awesome our friendship is). I am faced with the question of a dress, however. You see, I could wear my Homecoming dress from Junior year, which I adore. It would look smashing and classy, I believe.

But.

It'd also be fun to mix things up a bit. (*begin rock n' roll music that plays in a movie when something truly exciting is coming up*....*face breaks into sly smile*)

All of the following dresses were procured from a certain Young Women's leader I love. They're all from the 80s.

AAAaaaand.

I would like your votes on which one you like best. Please?


Dress #1- This classy piece is entirely black sequins. Complete with shoulder pads, and a ruffle around the waist. I'm thinking a black sequin bow tie for my date, if I could find one. Possibly an adorable hat for me?



Dress #2- This top is pink and purple sequins, though this picture does an inadequate job of showing how rockin' it is. It could also be worn with a different bottom, potentially.



Dress #3- The top half, a lovely maroon velvet, the bottom a beautiful black satin. Mmmm. It's delicious. And handmade!



Dress #4- This one tends to remind me of Anne of Green Gables, which is nice. It gives off a classy air, don't you think? Yes, shoulder pads. The back features a lovely column of buttons.




I already have one or two I'm leaning towards, and one or two I probably wouldn't wear at all. But I'm not telling which is which. I want your opinion!

7 comments:

  1. I like 1-3 and it is kind of amazing. how well they fit into today's fashions, actually. I like all three of them and can't decide which is best from the pictures (I'm leaning toward number 1). 4 is horrible though. Please don't wear 4. I looks way too uptight and and old-lady-ish in my opinion. That's my vote, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Junior Year Homecoming Dress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Your blog is awesome! I say dress #1 with some red heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say dress 3. Black Satin. Very Classy. :) I am personally not much of a sequin fan. Hey....about Preference....maybe I could borrow a dress?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, there's Miss Shelby. That's my neice! What a small world. I am a friend of Dana, your YW leader that you love.

    I vote for #1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...I am Dana's best friend from high school! Fun to see some of these dresses again. I vote for #1 or #3. Have fun!!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.