9.20.2010

happy thoughts

So I really like my life! Wonder why? It's not rocket science... Let's just take a look at a small 3 or 4 day period and we'll try to figure it out:


-Friday night saw me having a dinner with some of my favorite people. Lone Peak and Hillcrest student council got together and ate Panda - even better.

-I then watched the football game where we KILLED Hillcrest. Go knights - you truly are world class.

-Saturday morning I lounged for quite some time. Spent about an hour wandering the internet with no other purpose than to look at beautiful pictures. (See my link to the website I haunted on the right ---->)

-I got ready for the day and went to pick up one of my BEST friends in the whole world for our Sadie's day date at the SPACE CENTER (awesome Star Trek-like simulation camp).

-At the space center, I received the position of Admiral (top in command), and got to boss everyone around. I really got into it. There was a lot of slamming my fist on the counter and yelling things like "Security?! Are you taking car of this?!!"

-The good news: even though we were captured by the Romulans, we never technically died (though apparently there were 6 chances for us to... one of which was a poisonous animal escaped from the zoology lab of our ship. Why we had a zoology lab on there, I've no idea). So we technically won the mission! For details of our many adventures, see me in person. ;)

-I then got to dress up like Milly Pontipee from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

-I picked up my date again (who, yes, was wearing suspenders), and then watched the actual Seven Brides for Seven Brothers movie in a delightful home theater. I pulled out my antique picnic basket, spread out a checkered blanket and matching napkins, and proceeded to eat my Cafe Rio dinner.

-I went to the actual dance, where we danced like it was 1999, got pictures taken, drank homemade root beer, and got illegally hitched for the night.

-My parents definitely chaperoned.

-Church on Sunday!

-My usual Sunday afternoon nap. :)

-Dinner with my sister, cousin, and his friends in attendance. We ate pie.

-The Blindfold game - a classic Lewis family pastime. This round, I definitely kicked a closet door, used my dog as some sort of strange decoy, and watched my favorite cousin make creeper faces while backing into rooms - all in a blindfold. Come play with us sometime! It's fun.

-Mafia.

-Assisted Garrett in studying for his first FRQ in American Studies. Stayed up late but didn't regret it one bit.

-I went to school today! Though at times it was boring (learning about foodborne illnesses in Prostart really started my day off right, let me tell you), I really truly love school. I'm lucky to have a friend in almost every class, and people I can goof off and enjoy the day with (Frummshwumm!). Plus, I love learning! It's part of life. Fascinating, really. See above quote from a certain Anne Shirley.

-On the way home from school, Garret and I began screaming when the road home was blocked off and we forgot to take the detour. We screeched at everything and everyone the rest of the way home. "DETOUR?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! NO!" We may have scared a man on a motorcycle.


...And THAT's why I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.