But the truth is, my days have been filled with a lot more frozen cream puffs, Costco potstickers, and TV shows than I'd like. It's been a lot like, "Hmm, nothing to do. I guess I'll go watch another episode of Masterchef/Gilmore Girls/Drop Dead Diva/So You Think You Can Dance." I mean, who does that? Me, apparently.
This summer my excuse for not working out was work, and the fact that it always happened during prime work-out hours. By the time I got off, 1) I was exhausted, and 2) it was bloody hot outside, so I went straight back to bed and occasionally did some yoga. Woohoo, tree pose alone in my room. But then as soon as I move out and have all the free time in the world, I'm somehow even worse about finding time to work-out. What is with that?
And I guess life is full of a lot of disappointments like this. I mean, we're all full of great intentions and then of course we get distracted by meaningless things like finally finishing level 29 of Candy Crush when we know our time would be much better served by listening to a Conference talk. Or painting a picture and fine-tuning that talent we've always meant to fine-tune. There isn't nearly enough time to do everything we intend to do, as my good friend Caroline pointed out, so instead we fill our time with the most non-essential things possible rather than start accomplishing those well-intended goals/tasks. How often do I say "I just didn't have time today", but have spent a good portion of the day on facebook?
Speaking of all that technology stuff, I'm getting really sick of how attached our society is to it all. And please don't think I believe myself to be above it, because I'm right there in the midst, and one of the worst. I'm truly so excited to be forced away from that all for 18 months, to focus solely on the Lord.
And even though I know I'm excited, I don't know what to do about the fact that I still find myself checking instagram every few hours for updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.