5.05.2013

content in a blissfully happy sort of way

Tonight I went up to Alpine for dinner with the family at my Aunt and Uncle's house (where my family is currently residing while in the process of moving). It was an absolutely delicious meal and we decided to eat it out on the back patio, and my oh my was it perfect. There were quite a few moments throughout the night when I just had to sit back and think "This is incredible. This is real and this is love and this is happiness." Because it was.

There was the moment when we were all dying of laughter as Garrett described running into a glass door in an office building. Or when Natalie tried to convince us she could read minds. Or when everyone sort of lulled about afterward and I leaned against the railing and looked out over that beautiful hometown of mine and felt so much gratitude for growing up in such a wonderful place. Or when we all went on an evening walk to the new house and Katrina and I cuddled and giggled in bed like we used to back when we were 10. Or when we all sang a hymn and said a prayer together.

Or when we were leaving and in saying goodbye I gave everyone at least one hug and there were kisses from Mom and Dad telling me he was proud of me and I almost got teary-eyed because there was so much love in that room and there is so much love in my life and how lucky am I?

I live such a blessed life. It's moments like these that make me realize that, and moments like these that encourage me to keep on through the drudgery of finding a job and everything that comes with daily life.

These are the moments that make life so incredibly worth it, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.