Sometimes it's hard feeling left behind while everyone goes off and accomplishes great things. I talk about things I want to do with my life (like travel) and then it never happens, and I guess that's really all my fault because I don't make it happen. And I could, you know. I'm at such a great time in my life to do that kind of thing but maybe I'm just a scaredy cat or something. I guess it just feels like everyone I know is heading off on a great adventure, whether that be a mission, study abroad, or marriage. And here I sit in Provo doing nothing because I don't have a job and wondering if this is the right choice for me right now. I know I can't doubt the feelings I've had regarding my current plans, but sometimes it's really discouraging, you know?
But enough of that melodramatic whining. I finished finals and I'm looking for a job and I have great roommates and you can feel summer in the air, so why shouldn't I be happy? I've got no good reason, because I am so incredibly blessed. I've got some great things to look forward to this summer, too. Plans that involve being productive and making memories and preserving memories (I miiiight take up some form of scrapbooking... and by that I mean I might print off some photos and stuff them in a book without any cutsie things). There are also many plans to finally read some books this summer that I've been wanting to finish. Any suggestions are MOST welcome in the comments. And by that I mean PLEASE recommend some books to me.
Life is so good, let's not forget that!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.