-Festival of Nations tomorrow (folk dance performance). You should come! It's much cheaper than Christmas Around the World (and with that less impressive, but still very good), only $3! 10:30 in the WILK, tickets at the front desk only.
-With that, we're doing a Moldovan/Romanian dance for my class. It is awesome, but also really, really exhausting. Also I lost my character shoes on campus on Wednesday so when I borrowed someone's during class today they were too small and now I have blisters. Really painful ones. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
-Looking for a job. I'm super excited because I get to be a Human Development TA in the fall, but for spring and summer semesters, I'm in real need of a job. Preferably full time, or else two part time jobs. If you hear of anything on campus or very close (I don't have a car this summer and it needs to be in walking distance), let me know!
-FINALLY declared a major! I know I've been here 2 years and you all probably already assumed I have a major but guess what, I didn't. However. I'm thrilled to tell you all that I'm officially a Family and Consumer Science Education major (FACS Ed)! That means I'll be teaching Jr High and High School kids subjects like foods, sewing, child development, and more, and I couldn't be more excited. I've been pretty sure for a while now that I wanted to teach, and I really love these subjects. I'll probably focus the most on foods and child development, because did I mention I've fallen in love with those two things as of late? Because I have. The best part is looking at the requirements and just being really thrilled for all of the classes. It's the best feeling ever.
-I'm an aunt to the cutest girl in the world. Take a look:
Oh boy, I just love her so much.
-Lots of friends getting married or leaving on missions. It's pretty crazy, this time of life. I'm so happy for all my friends and each of the decisions they're making right now. For those of you who might be wondering - as of right now, I'm not planning on a mission. It's been an interesting process coming to that decision, and I'm still open to the idea in the future. As of right now, however, I don't feel like that's what I'm supposed to be doing with me life, though I would truly love it. Still, SO thrilled for the wonderful people I know who are doing that and all the lives they're going to change! What an incredible opportunity.
-Sometimes I get through certain days by stocking by backpack with Reese's and rewarding myself throughout the day. Usually starts with "Good job, Anna! You finished your paper - that deserves a Reese's!" and by the end of the day is more like "Good job pulling that pen out of your backpack - Reese's!"
-The best friends ever.
^^Butterbeer party at Thirsty Thursday, yo.
^^Road trip to Ephraim to watch Carlie in The Drowsy Chaperone.
She was fantastic. And we were awkward (as usual).
^^Best friend Madison left on a mission to serve the lucky people of Boise. I was so grateful we got to spend some time together before she went into the MTC. This girl is seriously the best friend I have and even though it's hard not being able to call her up, it's actually not as hard as I thought it would be. When you know that you're still going to be best friends when she comes back, it doesn't matter as much, the time apart.
^^Lala and I dressed up in our identical outfits for a boy's 22nd birthday and waited
on his every need. But seriously, I fed him cake.
^^Ghetto blasting, all day, errday. Collin, Melody, Christian and I decided we were in need of a dance party and holed ourselves up in the Roman Gardens laundry room to get our fill.
Anyway. I should definitely be paying attention in this class. Second to last day, huzzah! Seriously though, I'm so glad I'm no longer majoring in something where this class (Human Geography) is needed, because I haven't been a big fan of it.
But to end on a positive note, here's some of my favorite youtube videos, in no particular order.
Have a lovely day!











.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.