"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalms 118:24)
You know, it's easy to let ourselves get so caught up in life that we forget to rejoice in it. I have trouble really enjoying the beautiful walk to and from campus I get to make every day because I'm in such a hurry. And those beautiful flowers outside the library really should be appreciated.
Sometimes I find myself so focused on one aspect of my life that I forget to enjoy the beauty that is everyday life. If something seemingly awful happens, or if something I want to happen doesn't, I let it effect my entire day. I end up getting all bummed out that, you know, he didn't ask for my number (again), and that night I find myself bumming around on the couch and watching a Chopped marathon (not a bad thing in and of itself, however).
But you know, that shouldn't happen. Because this is the day which the Lord hath made. And I really should rejoice and be glad in it, because he made it for me. How ungrateful of me to take this beautiful day and not enjoy it. How awful to forget that this day I'm living is always a gift.
So today, be glad.
Okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.