My mother isn't here right now, but visiting her mom in Oregon.
You know what I would do right now if she were here?
I would give her a great big bear hug, kiss her soft cheek that only she has, and smile real big at her. Then I'd tell her how smart she is. How beautiful. How talented. How kind and sweet and caring and selfless. How important to me. I'd tell her how she's been the most incredible mother in the whole word and continues to be so. That I love her, and I think the way her kids have turned out is proof that she's done a spectacular job with raising us.
Then we would go shopping. We'd drive up to City Creek and walk around the mall. And we'd go shopping at our favorite stores. I would get sick of shopping after exactly 20 minutes, and she would tell me we need to keep going. So then we'd switch to me telling her stories about my day and my friends and school and life while she looked around and pulled clothes off the rack saying, "This?" I'd pause my story only to reply with "Yes", "No", or "Ehhh?" And then I'd try the clothes on and after I'd come out and tell her which I loved best and I'd look at the price tag and say she doesn't have to buy me any, I'm really doing fine with what I have. And she'd just walk up to the cashier and buy my favorites and tell me she doesn't do enough for me which is a complete lie because she does everything for me.
Then we'd go eat some Panda Express and continue shopping. But of course I'm completely beat with anything besides accessories so we'd mostly just walk and look. We'd go home and spontaneously stop to get some frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf and we'd sit on that one orange couch and talk about life's mysteries. I would tell her my thoughts on love, and she'd add her experience and wisdom. We'd stay long after we finished our treats, and eventually go home. I'd give her another hug and tell her yet again how much I love her.
Because I really do.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.