Yeah, It'll pretty super-mega-foxy-awesome-hot (10 points if you get that reference). One of the reasons I'm so excited is because Boston, Vermont, New Hampshire - all those places are full of so much history. I mean, our country began on that side, not this one. And if it hadn't been for Manifest Destiny and all that fun stuff, it probably would have stayed on that one. Last time I was over there (before mentioned trip), I was 12, I believe. Which is cool and all, but the biggest reason I was excited to go was because I got to see Wicked and Broadway. And that was cool and all, but why didn't I just relish Ellis Island?! I don't even know. Oh wait, I do. Because I was 12. And had yet to take AP US History. Why didn't I stand in awe of the old churches and graveyards we drove past on the way to Connecticut? Because I had yet to learn of my love for old architecture.
But now, I can really appreciate all the incredible history. And it might be weird that my excitement for the East Coast isn't "5th Avenue! Shopping!" ... or whatever normal people get excited for, but "The Met! Boston Tea Party! Boston Massacre! Old churches! Gravestones for old men!".
But seriously, I love my fascination with history. It's what makes me enjoy videos like this and this so much. And it's what makes me enjoy jokes like "Beat it, Ginsberg."
Basically, history rocks.
Lovely lady. I gave you an award. Please see my blog for further information. I love you and miss you.
ReplyDelete