Maybe you like those more than posts about my actual life (all...*cough* 5 of you), but maybe not. Really, I don't know. But I think it's time I told you about some pretty stellar things currently going on in my life. I like my life. :) Bear with me.
1. Halloween. How awesome was it? I hope you enjoyed yourself. :) I, for one, never get tired of clever costumes. Here's some Halloween cheer to enjoy:
Me, as Professor Trelawney.
Me, and Kelsey. Kels, Jess, and Syd were: Miss. Take, Miss. Fortune, and Miss. Hap. HA.
Matt Hansen - Team JakeWard (No need to choose!). Half his body even glittered.
Sarah, Christian, and Mel. Polgamists.
Caroline as Rosie the Riveter.
Me, later, for the dance - an old woman! Please, appreciate the pouch if you will.
2. Ingrid Michaelson. Possibly you've heard of her? If not, I suggest you find out who she is. I, personally, am quite the fan. I've adored her and her music for years now, and yay! I finally was able to make it to one of her shows. October 26th, 2010. In the Venue (which, in and of itself makes you feel cool to be there). Let it be remembered.
I'll now attempt to post a video of the BEST part of her show. She's using a looping pedal - that's just her voice on repeat again and again in the background. For reasons unknown to me, I didn't record the whole thing. So enjoy this little snippet- though it doesn't do it justice. I can testify that it was truly UNREAL.
3. Music Man! We open in less that a week and a half. Scary? I think so. Especially considering we still have scenes to block.
...We're dreadfully behind. As in, DREADFULLY. But good news. Mr. Smith said we went from being a -3 yesterday (it was a train wreck, to say the least), to a 2 today! I don't really know what scale we're being judged on here, but it makes me feel good to say it was a scale of 1 to 3.
It's exciting! I love being a part of a show. It's why I repeatedly do it, despite the stress and sleep deprivation and drama (ha) and STRESS. It's worth it to me. And we're getting to the part where rehearsals are really fun. Where I constantly have songs running through my head (you should have heard me the other day mixing up every single word of "Trouble"). Where I get to be my silly character and pose like a Grecian Urn. Where I can show my awesome stubborn chip-on-the-shoulder Iowan attitude as Alma Hix.
...Yes. That's the name of my character.
Have a lovely day. Exciting things (hopefully) to come.
Sincerely,
Anna Elizabeth
P.S. 13 days. [insert major freak out here]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.