Her name is Maddy Baker.
A long time ago, two mothers with daughters around 10 months old met each other and decided their daughters should be friends - what a brilliant idea.

For 7 years, the two girls grew closer and closer, until one sad day, one moved away to Utah, escaping the pressing heat of Phoenix. The two peas in a pod were determined to stay close. Distance could not ruin the solid foundation they had built. Phone calls were made almost every weekend, and visits were established every year. When they got cell phones, texting was used.
They stayed friends.
And now, at age 17, Maddy and I have lived away from each other longer than we've lived near. And yet, she still remains my best friend. I know that's never going to change.
I call her my cucumber - a name derived from past inside jokes.
She sings me "You are my sunshine" over the phone, and we giggle.
She helped me paint my room.
The other night when I was having a bad day, she called me and listened to me whine.
We can talk for hours on the phone and never get bored.
We've had the most influential years of our lives in different states, yet when we get together, we find ourselves even more alike than before.
We quote Harry Potter together.
We laugh like dorks and people give us strange looks.
When I cough, she slaps me on the back til I get mad enough and stop coughing.
We jam out to N'Sync.
I endure Phoenix summers in order to see her.
She endures crazy Utah County quirks to see me.
She once held my hair back while I threw up.
And tomorrow?
She's coming to see me.
LOVE this! I'm the first one to comment! yay!
ReplyDelete