7.18.2010

the beauty of a blog

Hello to all you people out there that are probably non-existent and don't really care much about my dreary life - a good day to you! I hope your summer's going well and bringing you bliss.
Basically, I have a few things I'd like to talk about. I'll try to keep it brief.
First of all - the name of my blog. "Scope for Imagination". Kindly read quote below title for more information. If you don't know who Anne Shirley is, I suggest you start leading a better life right now. Anne Shirley - also known as Anne of Green Gables, one of my all time favorite books and movies. How I wish I could be more like Anne - fiery, spontaneous, and a freckled redhead! I mean, just listen to these gem-like quotes from her:


"I do wish that some day I shall have a white dress. That is my highest ideal of earthly bliss."

"That's Barry's pond." said Matthew.
"Oh, I don't like that name either. I shall call it - let me see - the Lake of Shining Waters. Yes, that is the right name for it. I know because of the thrill. When I hit on a name that suits exactly it gives me a thrill. Do things ever give you a thrill?"


All within the first three chapters of the book. *sigh* I truly adore Miss. Anne.
Another thing? So far this blog is not as lovely as I could hope for. With time, it shall hopefully become all I dream of and more. But for now, bear with me as I attempt to figure out this world that is blogging. I've wanted one for quite some time now - mostly because of the wonderful people I know that have blogs that make me want to sing. Caroline, Katrina, Brynne, etc. I could go on. Know that if you have a blog, I've probably visited it. And I probably loved it.
A quick shout for joy for the absolutely perfect week I just had. Monday thru Thursday saw me partaking in a Leadership Conference at Dixie State College in St. George for student council.

Wow.

Being surrounded by truly amazing people for 4 days is incredible. I have some UNREAL friends that I love. Expect a post with a tribute to my phenomenal friends some time in the not-so-distant future.
Back to Dixie? Classes, roommates, late nights, best friends, talk shows, easy mac, Tarzan, bus rides, pool parties, waterbending, blacklight dance, Kalai, spicy italians, british accents....
I could go on.
But I'll try not to bore you all on my first-ever post.

For now, I shall just say: Huzzah. I love summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.