Summer is awesome because when it's at it's best it's no makeup, hair that smells like chlorine, and just the right amount of sunburn. Summer is also hard because (among other things), my life has far less structure, which then makes my blog posts far less structured too. Not that much changes from day to day for me, so it's hard to feel like I have anything worth sharing here. Which isn't true, of course. Thoughts and feelings are always worth sharing and who the heck cares if what I write here is riveting, because it's my blog anyway which means I can do what I want (#yolo).
I only have 9 more days of work left, which has it's pros and cons. The sad part about a job you only work at for a few months is that right when you start to really get the hang of things and love the people you work with, it's time to leave. That really stinks. Also no more free desserts, that also stinks. Then again, that's also a pro because I'm completely serious when I say I've gained some weight since starting work at the bakery. Another pro is that I won't have to wake up at 4:10 anymore. Because there is absolutely no way you can slice 4am to make it enticing, there just isn't.
In between these 9 days of work left, there is a really anticipated trip to Oregon, which I am thrilled for because 1) first vacation of the summer, 2) the tillamook cheese factory, 3) a week with my family, which is the best, and 4) Daniel is getting back off his mission.
Daniel. My favorite cousin, the one I'd be friends with even if we weren't related, the one we make really cheesy but also cool movies with, the one who I have so many inside jokes with my cousin once told us she can't follow our conversations on facebook at all. That Daniel. To say I am excited would be an understatement. This is the man that will someday be my fellow Divine Comedian (once we both make it - note to blog readers: goal). It's been a long time since I saw him, and Oregon never felt the same without him there, so this is going to be the trip of a lifetime. That's a hyperbole, because it's really not a huge deal, but whatever.
I turned twenty on Tuesday, which is super cool and super intimidating too. For pretty much as long as I can remember, when people have asked me my age the answer has ended in "teen". Maybe you can remember saying you were 8 or 9 or whatever, but I sure can't. THIS IS A BIG CHANGE PEOPLE, and it's going to be like this for the next ten years of my life. Also, the twenties are so officially "adult". There's no excusing lame behavior with "well, she's technically still a teen", but rather it's more like "why in the world is she incapable of washing her sheets as often as she should, she's twenty!". Cry with me and say goodbye to teenagehood. You did me well, 19. Phew, 19 was a big year, can we just talk about that? Lots happened and I really grew and found myself in ways I didn't fully expect or anticipate. Plus, a year ago who would have been able to predict I would be preparing for a mission right now? The prophet, maybe, that's who.
Which, oh yeah - I'm going on a mission! So thrilled, more on that later though (I think it deserves it's own post, which I will do after I receive my call, which should be in 2-3 weeks).
Anyway, let's all just raise a glass to the teenage years, which included my first real job, my first kiss, graduation from high school, my first speeding ticket, my first year of college, learning to clog, declaring a major, and ugh, puberty.
And let us toast the twenties! Which holds who knows what, I'm not going to assume marriage and stuff because then if it didn't happen in the next ten years I'd look back and be like "ah, how embarrassing" and then I'd go feed my pet cat and sleep in my unwashed sheets.
Cheers and stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.