Well, three actually.
Which is more than I could have asked for and I am so happy about it. And so blessed and pleased that things have worked out so well for me.
I also just finished a book tonight. One I'd read before, but was still completely enthralled in nonetheless. Some people I've talked to don't like reading books more than once, but I can't seem to get enough of it. If I find a book I love, I'm definitely going to read it again, because I want to feel that happiness again. You know?
Anyway, now that I've finished it, I'm suffering from a serious bout of PBD (Post-Book Depression). I'm bedridden, actually.
So. I realized that when I get up tomorrow morning, there's not going to be as much freedom to lounge around and wake up when I feel like it, reading my book as I do so. And tomorrow I'll even have to say some goodbyes to my best friend/sister Teo when she and husband move out to Tennessee for the summer. That's no fun. And then I have my food handlers to get sometime throughout the day, as well as call that one place to work out my schedule but only after the other place gets back to me and let's me know my shift there first.
So, there's like... responsibility and stuff.
Which is cool. I mean, this is what I want, right? Yes, it is.
But.
There's still this little kid in me that wants to do nothing all day. I have the desire to just forget about that food and rent I'll be paying in the fall, and just go to Seven Peaks next week despite the training I should be doing. Because, I mean, it's finally getting warm and I'm just going to be cooped up inside all day?
And I really just want to start another book because books are the best and provide such a lovely distraction from real life sometimes. I also want to hop on a plane and visit my best friend Maddy, because I miss her like crazy and she gets me like other people don't. So I could just be completely silent with her and never feel the need to fill that silence. I'd be perfectly happy. Oddly enough, I wouldn't mind seeing Phoenix either, despite the dreadful weather right now.
But, even though my heart is aching to cruise in the jeep with a snoasis and not a care in the world, I know I've gotta do some responsible stuff.
Because I'm growing up and things are just like that.
and because we don't have a jeep anymore...
ReplyDelete