I can hardly believe it. Actually, I can't at all.
I graduate from high school tomorrow.
What a strange concept. To be completely down with something that has been a part of my life since I was 5. No more of the public school system. No more lockers. No more theatre. No more so many things.
About this time last year, we as a student council went on a great retreat- Bird's eye. It was there that Kelsey and I submitted that "This is it" be our theme for the year, and it was there that all the SBOs agreed on it. Despite the fact that often this theme has seemed over-used and many jokes were made off of it, I am so grateful for our theme. What better motto to go with our final year of high school?
Because really, this is it. I hate when people go through life with a "I'll be happy when" mentality. "Oh, I'll be happy when I'm in college." "When I have a family." "When I get through school."
No. Be happy now, because this is what's happening. This is it.
And now I've reached such a pivotal "this is it" moment in my own life, with graduation less than 24 hours away. Everything is going to change. I'm fine with that change, in all honesty. Maybe it hasn't settled in and I'll be an emotional wreck next fall, but let's hope not.
I'm pretty sure I might shed some tears at graduation tomorrow though. And yay me, I get to sit on the stand for everyone to watch me cry. So if you happen to see that, just pretend you didn't. Also, find me at graduation all you people, I want a picture.
So guys: it's been fun, and I can't wait for our futures - because they're here, right before us.
This is it.











I feel you. Leaving council has been very hard for me. It looks like you had a great year! I am pretty sure we have met as well! We should become better friends this summer.
ReplyDelete