12.06.2010

blessed

So today I again realized how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life.

This weekend was rough - I was sick and tired, and seemed to have a million things to do, all of which seemed important. I was gone Saturday from 9 am - 8:30 pm, and physically and mentally exhausted. This all led up to me having a little meltdown in the car with my mom. Sunday my cold reached it's worst, and I stayed home from church. It was suggested that I have get a priesthood blessing from my father. And that's where the gospel part comes in.

That blessing helped, it really did. I was able to receive comfort and counsel from it in ways that nothing else and no one else could have done. I'm immensely grateful for an earthly father who I know loves me, and who holds and exercises his priesthood regularly.

Tonight my Grandma, feeling sick and nervous for her return home tomorrow, also asked for a blessing. Then my two sisters, who needed help and comfort as well, also asked for one.

And again tonight during family prayer, I felt this amazing peace. It wasn't anything big - there was no burning in my chest, no light from above, no angelic choirs. But I was content. Completely and totally at peace.

Even with all the craziness still going around in my life. The busy schedule that always comes with December, I felt good. The feeling was incredibly comforting, and I tried to imagine my life without the gospel in it - I couldn't. It brings me so much happiness in ways I often overlook. I take this church for granted sometimes - living in Utah and growing up a member, it's easy to.

But I hope that those around me know how grateful I am for this gospel and the truth it holds. I hope they know I have a testimony of our Savior and that he atoned for our sins and died for us so that we can again return to live with our Heavenly Father. I hope they know that I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and all the principles it teaches. I know Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son on a glorious spring day in 1820, and I'm so grateful for the faith and initiative he showed. I know President Monson is a prophet today, and leads and guides our church with help from God. The priesthood is real - it is a power that influences my life and home daily, and I love it.

I love this church so much - I just hope you know that.

If you're ever feeling down, stressed, overwhelmed, sick, or just need a little extra boost, count your blessings. Turn to the Lord. If you are in the position to, ask for a priesthood blessing of comfort.

The Lord always knows what we need.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. You make me feel really cool.